The other night JP and I went out and finished our Christmas shopping! YEAH!!!!! I think next year I am just going to give everyone cash because the stores are crazy and people are even crazier. If you want to get in the Christmas spirit DO NOT visit the mall or any store for that matter! My sister-in-law Jamie did all her shopping online and I think that is a fantastic idea. Anyways we were at Target and finally decided on things and head to checkout. Now I am like my mom in many ways and one of them is I will talk to people around me. Not all the time but I always talk to the checkers. We had a basket and so I put it on the counter and JP looks at me and asks if I am going to take the stuff out. I usually leave it in the basket, especially if it is not a lot. JP decides to be helpful and starts taking the stuff out of the basket. The girl starts checking us out and I make some comment to her about JP wanting to be helpful by taking the stuff out. The girl says hi and asks if I found everything and I say yes. She then says Thanks for talking to me. Too which I just smile and say I always talk to people, and the conversation continues. JP told her to not get offended by people not talking because it is the time of year and everyone is stressed out. As we leave I thank her and say Merry Christmas.
I never really thought about how many people must go through the check out line in one shift and how many of those are not nice. See if something rings up wrong, it is the checkers fault. If something does not have a tag, it is the checkers fault. If something could not be found, it is the checkers fault. I always laugh if something won't scan and say "It must be free today." The checker ALWAYS looks at me like I am serious and says no I just need to enter the bar code. Sometimes they laugh too but not often. Even though there have been times in my life where I have said I don't want to be like my mom, I am glad I am like my mom! Because if I wasn't like my mom, I would not have made that girl smile and have a better night.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment