Friday, December 19, 2008

Just like my mom

Growing up there were times I would say "I won't be like my mom." Like those of you who also have said this, you have probably came to the same realization I have. I am like my mom, and I like that. See my mom is a very loving, talkative, spunky person. She can hold her own when it comes to my brothers wrestling with her. Just be careful of the nails!! :) She loves Lilac bushes and passed that love to me. I recently found lilac scented laundry detergent!! One of the best days ever! (I know my life is sometimes pathetic but small things can make my month!) She can strike up a conversation with a complete stranger in line and by the time we check out she knows their whole history. She can talk her way in and out of almost anything. She LOVES coke and M&M's. Her basement is devoted to Coke paraphernalia. I find myself looking for coke bottles at the store for her. She even has a M&M Christmas tree that stays up all year round. She passed the coke love to me and I am hooked. I have changed to caffeine free though and have cut back significantly! I also don't have as many bottles, but my collection is growing. She is a great cook, one of the things I should have paid more attention too!? She makes the BEST rolls and popcorn balls around. When she makes her rolls it is an all day event! She loves sea food, as do I. YUMMY!!!!! She loves to travel. I would travel more if money allowed.
We are different too. She is very fashion forward and I am very fashion two years ago. Jeans and t-shirts never go out of style though thankfully!!!!! She is a great sewer. I can turn on the machine and sew a straight stitch and that is about all. My mom can quilt by hand! I can sew on a button by hand. My mom is more talkative then me. Of course, when you get me going you can't shut me up. My mom is also better at decorating then me.
Even though we are different, I am still very much like my mom and I LOVE that! I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!

No comments: