Thursday, June 12, 2008

All the free juice you want

I decided to do something nice today so I went and donated blood. It started out great. My bag was filled and then I got tired and closed my eyes. Apparently I passed out and folded my arms, which is NOT advised when you have a huge needle in your arm. I just thought I was asleep and was even dreaming. But next thing I know I open my eyes and there is this girl I have never seen before asking me if I am OK and holding my face in her hands. I had no idea where I was but quickly realize I am not home in bed but at the Red Cross donating blood. They asked me if I was feeling OK and told me that they wanted me to sit for awhile and then asked me what juice I wanted, it was not a do you, it was a you will drink juice. They put my feet up and a cold towel on my head and I sat there drinking my juice. I was totally embarrassed and wanted to cry but I did not want to embarrass myself anymore. I drank the juice and the nurse put my feet down. She told me that I could sit there as long as I wanted to and when I felt OK she wanted me to go over and get some more juice and cookies. I was feeling better so I got up and walked over and got some more juice and oreos. A lady came right over and told me that my color still did not look good so she wanted me to stay another ten minutes, and if I needed to I could lay my head down on the table. So I drank my juice and ate my cookies and after another 15 minutes I left (I grabbed another juice on my way out). So if you want to donate blood, pass out and you will get all the free juice you want! You will also freak out a lot of people when you decide to bend your arm with the needle still in it. To make things better the nurse told me I will probably have a nice bruise, and my arm has hurt all day. At least my blood will help someone right!?!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

I had a very similar experience. Not too fun! But that blood is destined for greatness!

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm sorry! I have giving blood, I always have bad experiences like that. I hope your arm starts feeling better soon.

Laur said...

ahhhh
call me