Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bailey and Me

Bailey and I have started running again. I know we go through this every year and we run for about two months then I poop out. But this time I am determined to not poop out and am actually contemplating running a 5 K.(we will see if this really happens) I don't mind running. In fact it makes me feel better when I eat crap I should not; doughnuts, drink coke, etc. I feel better because I think I work out so it is OK. (By "work out" I run three times a week and I only run for 1.3 miles.) It also clears my mind. The last reason is Bailey gets exercise too. He gets lots of exercise now because of Molly!
So anyone who sees us running may wonder what is going on. The first third of our run Bailey is trying to get me to turn around. He actually tries this the whole time but it is worse the first little bit. He refuses to run/jog. He insists on sniffing every tree and bush we go by. I am dragging him trying to get him to go faster and I encourage him to by saying "Come on lazy puppy. You can run faster then that." I know the love of a puppy mom!? So this continues and I get frustrated but I do not turn around because if I am going to run so is he. About the second house we go by Bailey decides he has to poop. So he walks around finding the perfect spot. I pick up his poop and we continue. The second third of the run we finally find a pace that we both like. I still have to encourage Bailey to continue because he still wants to go home and be done. He also poops again. The last third Bailey gets this boost of energy and really wants to get home. Now my words of encouragement turn into "Slow down you punk. You don't run the first little bit and now you are going too fast." I have to be careful when giving words of encouragement because people will be sitting on their front porch and hear me or we will run past people doing yard work, or construction workers. I am sure they all just laugh at me. I would to if I saw me. When we finally get home Bailey will sit right next to his water dish and drink lots of water. Then he will go lay down and let out a huge sigh. So dramatic!

No comments: