I have noticed something lately. When you go out to eat if you order water very rarely do you get your water glass filled. I have actually noticed this for awhile. I try to be good and order water when we go out. Sometimes others order a soda. If you order a soda chances are you will get one or two refills. But if you order just water chances are you will not get a refill but hopefully someone around you does not drink their water and you can have it. I bring this up because JP and I went out to eat with our friends Corey, Lauri, and Conner tonight. They all ordered sodas (not Conner he just got a sippy cup of water!) and I got water. They all got refills on their sodas and I got none. JP actually got three sodas before I got more water. And I got more water right before the bill was brought to us. I don't get it. There are water pitchers filled in the kitchen waiting for someone to grab them. I understand that things get busy but if the server has time to grab a glass and fill it with ice and soda then certainly they have time to grab the pitcher that is already filled with ice and water and fill my water glass!!!
Obviously I have noticed this for awhile and now that you all know how I feel take notice for yourself and just order water next time you go out to eat and see how many times your glass is filled. (please note that it is not all restaurants that are bad in fact some even put a water pitcher at your table. But be careful because some restaurants don't allow the server to leave the water pitcher, this is one of those moments you just steal someone elses water, or just comment on how thirsty you are to your husband and how you wish you had some more water and he will get you some!)
And quickly while I am on restaurant pet peeves let me comment on how annoying it is that when you want something you can never find your server. I have many times asked another server to get me something. Miraculously our server shows up quickly after being summoned by the other server and gets me what I need. (Again note this is not all restaurants)
And the last and the most annoying aspect of eating out is no matter how bad the service JP will not let me leave a bad tip. I know servers need to make money too but a tip if a way of me saying 'Thank you' for serving us and always checking on us and most importantly making sure I do not die of thirst while dining in your restaurant!
(Those of you who are thinking if I just cooked more often then I would not have these experiences, thanks for the thought but as most of you know, and kimmy can testify, I am not really the best of cooks and besides that requires lots of time, and effort on my part not to mention all the dishes I get dirty and then have to clean!?!)
1 comment:
Ugh! John does the same tipping thing. I tip ONLY for good service. Yes, I will stiff the server if they suck. I'm not giving them extra money for bad service! John, on the other hand, will NEVER tip less than 10%. And 10% is for absolutely horrid awful slow bad no-good service. The server could come up to the table with the wrong order, spit in John's salad right in front of him and give him the finger before turning, farting in his face and never returning to fill his soda and John would still give him 10%.
Post a Comment