My family and I just got back from vacation in Orlando. We spent over seven days in Disney World. It was a lot of fun with some moments at times but we all survived! We stayed at the Boardwalk Hotel. It was really nice and had a really good bakery right by it. We ate breakfast there ever morning. It is in walking distance to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios. My favorite kingdom is Animal Kingdom. I really like Disney World but going in the middle of July is not advised if you can help it. My dad was there for a dental convention and the family tagged along. (minus Joseph, Jamie, Jeremy, and JP who had to work, and Jess and Shauntel who are on another adventure in Hong Kong.) Here are the highlights and lowlights.
Thursday: Arrived around 4:30 Orlando time. Got on bus and was on our way to the hotel. My dad was already there so he had checked us in already. Once we got there though we realized one of the rooms they gave us either had not been cleaned or someone else was staying there already. We got it fixed and headed over to Epcot. We walked around and rode some rides then watched the fireworks.
Friday: Disney Hollywood Studios. Courtney was brave enough to ride tower of terror and it was a terror ride for her! She ended up in tears and was very mad she went on it. My family went again and her and I just waited and got some ice cream! In line for the Rockin Roller coaster there was a group of teenage kids in front of us. Next thing you know it smells and they are laughing. Kimberly looks at them and says "You guys suck! That is disgusting!" One kids face turned dark red! Then because they were a group of five and we were a group of five I ended up sitting next to him, and he didn't say a word to me, wonder why!?! For lunch we went to my dads favorite place the Sci-Fi restaurant. You sit in a car to eat and there is a big screen with black and white commercials playing for you to watch. Due to a meeting running longer then he wanted my dad was not able to join us. The food was OK to say the least and when I was telling my dad this he said "The food has never been good. You just go for the ambiance!" Kimberly and I also stared in the Indiana Jones show. OK so stared is an over shot, but we were chosen as extras and got to be in the show. It was lots of fun. It also rained on us and we purchased some rain ponchos. My dad was told it rained almost every day so we would want them. Well it did rain almost everyday and we did use them! Thanks dad for the ponchos! We also ate dinner at the Derby restaurant. The food was really good and then I had grapefruit cake for dessert. It was really good and I got a recipe to try and make it. I will let you know if this happens.
Saturday: Epcot. We went to a Princess Breakfast in Norway. The food was really good and Courtney got her picture with all the princesses, Ok so the rest of us did too! After we walked around the park. There was a minor blow up in the middle of China which was over the lost top of a water bottle and there were tears. This was the first blow up since we got there but not our last, it was the worst though! It would not be a true family vacation without a blow up! We ate a late lunch early dinner in Italy. The food was very good but the waiter was better. Kimberly and Whitney were salivating more over him then their food!! Mom, Kim, Whit and I stayed for the fireworks and had a front row seat to them. We also had a front row seat to someones wedding reception!
Sunday: Animal Kingdom. This was by far the hottest day yet, but I was not complaining! We went on the Safari first thing and saw a baby Giraffe, they think it is only four months old. It was running around. It was really cute! We went on all the rides, had a really good hamburger and then headed back to the hotel. I would have stayed all day long but we wanted to meet up with my dad. We hung out at the hotel for awhile just lounging. We sat on the boardwalk on benches and my mom fell asleep. My dad motioned for us to get up and leave. So we all got up and left her there alone. We turned back and were laughing to see how long it would take her to notice we were gone. It didn't take her long. Some guy next to us was wondering what we were doing. It was funny! Courtney also got one of those giant suckers and people would give her weird looks. She enjoyed the sucker though, so did the rest of us! We walked back over to Epcot and watched the fireworks. Magic Kingdom was open until two in the morning but we opted not to go. It was in every ones best interest, the family and others around us, for us to just sleep!
Monday: Disney Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. It was my dads last day with us so we went back to Hollywood Studios and rode some rides with him. My dad left around 1:30. We went back to the hotel with him and said good by and then went over to Epcot and had lunch at Canada. This was the best filet minion I have ever had. If you are visiting Disney World any time soon or in the far future call and make reservations at the restaurant in Canada. I don't remember what it is called but my mom took a picture of us under the sign, so I will find that picture and let you know. Then we went over to Magic Kingdom. Courtney lost her autograph book and we spent some time searching for it. We found out that Disney has some of the nicest most helpful people working for them!!! Unfortunately we did not find the book but they gave us a coupon for a free one. My mom stared in the Monsters Inc show and Whitney's joke was told at the show. The best part about her joke was it was shown on a screen as we were standing in line. Tanner saw the joke and told it to Whitney. Whitney text it in and after the show I told her that joke was on the screen while we were in line. She didn't know and just laughed. We watched the fireworks and saw Tinker Bell fly. We then ate some really good ribs as far as fast food and rode Space Mountain. We closed the ride down and then went home.
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom. We wandered all over magic Kingdom. We rode a lot of rides. Courtney is young enough she was all caught up in the whole magic thing. It was cute to watch. She would decided what rides to go on because the rest of us didn't really care for the most part. She even had a map she would cross things off on after we rode the ride. She really liked driving the cars! We watched the fireworks and then got a front row seat to the parade. While waiting I went and got some Turkey legs for everyone to share. They were really good and we also had some good commentary to go along with it. Kimberly said she felt like a cave women. Whitney could see people giving us weird looks. I just enjoyed it and didn't care others were staring. We closed the park down and went home.Wednesday: Everyone did what they wanted. I got s cold from Tanner so I slept in and took my time getting ready. Then I went over to Epcot and got these Mr. Potato Heads. They are Star Wars ones. We got on the bus around 1:45 to go to the airport. Due to delays we got on our plane 40 minutes late then sat on the tar mat because of rain. Finally we took off. We all sat in first class on the way home. I have now seen how the other half lives and I like the larger seat and leg room but for the most part people are not very nice who sit up there. I know they spent lots more for their ticket then the coach people but that does not mean you are better. The flight attendant was really nice to Whitney and I. He was also really cute with Tanner and Courtney.
Well there you go. Sorry about all the typos but JP is finally awake from his nap and I don't have time to proof read this before I post it. He is sitting right next to me telling me to hurry. Pictures will come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment