Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July weekend


For the fourth of July weekend JP, Bailey, Molly and I went to Fish Lake with Joe, Jen mom, and Ozzy. Many of you have heard me talk about Fish Lake many times. I love visiting there! Here is what we did....

Thursday:We left early enough the boys were able to go fishing when we got there. They did not get back to the cabin until eleven that night. Then the boys stayed up and talked very quietly so I could sleep, oh wait they were not quiet at all in fact they were very loud!!!

Friday:The fourth. We slept in! Jen mom and I took the dogs on a walk. Joe, JP and Charlie went golfing in Richfield. Then we (JP, me, Joe, Jen, Charlie and Joyce, JPs aunt and uncle) went into Salina and watched their parade. JP got lots of candy. I didn't take any pictures but Jen mom did. It was funny though because it was JP and this little two year old getting the candy. We ate at MOM's Cafe, which was been around for a long time. The food was really good! Then Charlie took us on a tour of Salina. We saw a elk farm and some doves. Then we went to the Salina Rodeo. The Salina rodeo was a happening place. None of the bull riders were able to hang on for eight seconds but we were still very entertained. Jen mom and I decided to come up with some names for the bulls because the ones they had were not scary enough. We came up with Sudden Death (My favorite), Whiplash, and Last Wish. After the rodeo there was a fireworks show. This fireworks show was so good I forgot we were in a small town! Joe was wondering where they got the money to do such a big show. I wonder too.

Saturday:We slept in! You see the thing about being at the lake is you sleep in and then you take a nap in the afternoon. This is my kind of living!! Charlie and Joyce took us hiking. We took the dogs with us too. Molly LOVED this. Bailey enjoyed it too but is still recovering today! We went four-wheeling in Joe's truck. This is very red neck but you don't get wet or dusty! It started to rain on us so we hurried back to the truck and drove around some more. We found a place to stop after the rain stopped and started a fire. We tailgated and ate our dinner. After dinner the three boys: Joe JP and Charlie, were looking for deer and elk on the other mountain. The whole time we were driving around they were looking for deer and elk.

Sunday:Jen mom and I slept in and JP, Joe and Charlie went fishing. It was a very good fishing day! The boys brought the fish back to the cabin and gutted them. Charlie took them home and will enjoy them. JP, Jen, and I took the dogs on a walk, or did the dogs take us on a walk?!? Then we came home.

I put together a slide show of some pictures. I realize it is a lot of pictures but it was hard to choose which ones to us. I also apologize because being new to the slide show thing I have no idea how to get rid of the flowers or make the pictures in color. Some day I will figure it out!?!

1 comment:

DillChips said...

P.S. I love the picture of you and Molly on the rock together that Jen took it definitely shows you both in true form. (Molly's high spirited wildness) (And how calm,relaxed and excellent you look in nature... like how you can look very pretty with or without makeup)
You should definitely get a copy of that...the trees look cool also.