
Kimberly, Whitney, Courtney and I hung out today. We started by going to lunch at Applespice Junction. If you have not tried this place you need too. They have very good sandwiches! Then we went shopping because that is what girls do when they hang out right?! They talk, eat and shop. What else is there to do with your girl friends?
First we headed to Steve and Barry's. When Steve and Barry's came to town everyone was very excited. I had never heard of this store before but decided to try it out. So Kim, Courtney, Whitney and I went and checked it out. This was the end of December and everything was very picked over and not very neat. Not to mention tons of people! I was not very impressed to say the least. We, my sisters and I, decided to give it another try and went again today. I was a little more impressed but I don't think I will be back any time soon. They did have lots of nice clothes for JP though.
After we went and visited Jamie at work. We wanted her to go to this cupcake place with us but she worked until five. So my sisters and I took off to downtown to find this Mini's place Kim knew about. I love to watch the show What I Like About You. Any of you who have seen this show know that Val, the older sister, owns a cupcake bakery. They always serve these yummy cupcakes! (at least they look yummy on tv!) I have wanted to visit a cupcake place ever since I first saw this. So this is where Mini's came into play. There is also a place called So Cupcake too that we are also going to try sometime. Mini's is downtown on 8th south between Main and State. All of their cupcakes are mini cupcakes. They have cute names like Breakfast at Tiffany's, Smore Please, and Pretty in Pink. We got a dozen and then came back to my house to try them. We cut them in fourths so we all could try them. The first one was Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was good but nothing really to shout about. Then we tried this chocolate one and so on. Kimberly had tried some of these cupcakes before and she said that the ones we had today were not as good as the other ones. I thought they were pretty good but would I trek downtown to get some more again, maybe. You see, even before Val's cupcake place on tv I have loved cupcakes. So this being said I would be willing to try these cupcakes again. They didn't have any funfetti cupcakes though and those are my all time favorite! I love them with strawberry frosting and sprinkles. My mouth is salivating now! If I wouldn't get fat I would live on cupcakes, orange juice and popcorn (microwave or theater). I know what a combination!?
1 comment:
YUM!!! Now I really want a cupcake! That got my mouth salivating!
Post a Comment