Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I still LOVE my job!
I now work four days a week! I am very excited about this because I was getting really bored. Now I don't have as much free time but that means I spend less money. My house is not spic and span but it never has been, who am I fooling if I say it has!? I still love what I am doing. Of course there are the occasional patients who I schedule with the other hygienist next time but for the most part they are all nice and friendly. I even had one patient who was on six month recall and wanted to come in every three. I had to make sure I heard them correctly because no one does that. I LOVE people who LOVE and CARE about their teeth. Those are the best patients because they have very little calculus and are happy to be at the dentist. One patient asked me if I am in a competition with the dentist. I didn't understand what he meant. He then explained: When the dentist comes in and looks at the teeth, if he find calculus does he get points for that? I just laughed. Then after his exam he looked at me and said "The dentist said there were 3 things of stuff left." He then smiled and told me I did a good job. What I think is funny is the dentist is not looking for left over calculus, he is looking at the teeth for decay. Unless it is a big piece of calculus, I don't think most dentists would notice it. I am not being mean, they just focus on other things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A. You DIDN"T tell me JP got a SWAN! Hello, how freakin' sweet is that!
B. Your 'Sassy Fudge' (please don't start... I am just the messenger jk :) is up here, so I guess you are just going to have to come up and get it... then we can play!
:)
Wow my bro killed a swan, I don't know if I am sad for the beautiful bird or happy for J.P.
Anyways what I really was going to say is it is good to know what Dentists are not looking at, I always feel I need to brush my teeth 10 times before the Dentist...and I guess I am paying for a better cleaning then those 10times could ever do.
Post a Comment