Thursday, July 3, 2008
Would you like to buy a magazine?
I don't know what it is about our neighborhood but everyone and their dogs sales magazines to raise money. To raise money for what you ask? One kid was raising money to visit Hawaii, another so his baseball team could travel to the finals, and so on. About twice a month someone comes to my door asking this question. How many magazines can one person read anyways?! I always politely say I am not interested after they finish their whole spill about why they are here and blah, blah, blah. Then they ask me why I am not interested and why I can't help them and blah, blah, blah. Well I will tell you why I cannot help you. First I already subscribe to a magazine, Rachel Rays, and I don't even read that. Second why am I going to help you get to Hawaii when I could save that money and go to Hawaii myself? And third NO IS NO!!!!!!! Then they leave. Now I never get mad at the poor kids and I don't tell them anything mean I just say I am not interested and close the door, which can be difficult because the dogs always have to see who is at the door too and then they sit in the door way until the person leaves. I think I am going to get a no soliciting sign for my door because this gets very annoying! Not to mention the fact that I was very comfortable sitting on my bed watching TV before the person came and now the dogs know I am up and think it is time to eat, and it will only be two o-clock in the afternoon. I think the next trick I teach my dogs will be how to really tell time and not by their stomachs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had two little girls come to my door trying to sell me magazines. Telling me they've lost everything and have no where to live. All the while their dad (I'm assuming) was standing in my driveway. It made me mad, that guy making his kids go door to door looking pathetic. I didn't get the magazine, but now I have to feel guilty, were they really homeless? He'd have had better luck getting my money if he'd have come to the door with them.
Post a Comment