Friday, August 22, 2008

All bark and no bite

That is what the boy said as Molly was chasing after him this morning at 4:40. But let me back up and explain. JP went to Wyoming today for a job. His plane was leaving at 6 in the morning so he needed to be to the airport by 5 no later. (If it were me I would have been to the airport by 4 but I am also my fathers daughter in that respect!!) I decided to take the dogs with us. Why put Molly in the kennel when she could go. So I let the dogs out the front door and of course there is a boy walking down the street. (Oh course because that is when I go walking too!?) Molly takes off after him and starts barking like crazy. Remember that it is 4:40 in the morning, sorry neighbors!! JP and I are both yelling at her to stop barking (sorry again neighbors!). She would kind of charge the boy then back up and start barking and then do it again. I call this a case of the thinking you are a big dog when in fact you are not so ferocious! The boy tells JP that she is all bark and no bite. JP tells him to not be deceived, you never know. Then I started thinking about that. I know Bailey would not let anything happen to JP or I. Even though he is so cute and cuddly and just wants you to notice him, he can change. Ask my sister-in-law Jennifer. Now Molly, on the other hand, just thinks everyone is a threat. Unless I let them in the house, then they are here to play with her and notice her and watch her prance around the house with her toy. She is still very puppy but I believe if anything were to happen she would take care of me or JP. Even though she can be crazy!, I still love her and secretly I am glad we decided to let her join our family :) Although at times I think Bailey is not so happy she is here!?

3 comments:

littlered said...

:) Every time I go over to your house, Molly is right there, and it all makes sense now... she is the princess and everyone who visits you, is of course REALLY there for her (or at least in her mind's eye...)! Love you Steph, and your princess dog! :)

mrsjwd9 said...

JP is Joe's son as you are JC's daughter...he waits until the last minute!
Molly is a good barker, so is Bailey. You DO want them to bark to send "warning shots". It is like setting off the alarm or testing it.

DillChips said...

Yes I honestly thought I could be attacked if it was not for the fact that Baily ran away to warn you and Jp or because he needed back up from the strange shadow down the stairs.
When I think of dogs I think of what Yoda said, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. I am glad it only got to the fear leads to anger../protection.
I am glad also that Jp lets kids know they shouldn't trust dogs especially when they are not your own.