Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hello

So not much has happened here lately. Jess and Shauntel left to go back to North Carolina yesterday and that was a very sad day for everyone, especially Tanner!
I finally finished Kite Runner and I tell you what it is an intense book. I could only read about two chapters at once and sometimes never finished a chapter. It is a good book though and makes me VERY grateful that I live in the USA and have the freedoms I do. The book is fiction but sometimes it is so well written with detail that it makes me wonder if some of it is true.
JP enjoyed guys night at Johns and got home around three in the morning. He had to teach today so there was not the usual argument about going to church.
Yesterday morning JP participated in a golf tournament with the elders and had a lot of fun. His team won the tournament and he was excited about that. I, on the other hand, had the opportunity to help clean the church. I got to vacuum for a whole hour! It was crazy and the church was so hot it did not make things easier. By the way nerds do not vacuum up very well!
Also, I have posted whether it sinks or floats on my previous post. Those who did it did well. The only thing that got people was the ski gloves which in fact do not float, they sink!

1 comment:

littlered said...

I am so happy you read it! No one else will read it, and it's makin' me mad :) Amen to being grateful we live in the USA!