JP and I went and watched Whitney preform in the welcome back to school assembly today. She did very good! She preformed in about the middle of the assembly so we got to watch the beginning. After they introduced the SBO's they threw swag into the stands. JP turned to me and said "They didn't throw swag at our assemblies." I then asked him what swag was. He told me it is stuff with your logo on it. So for the school it was the mascot. It is to advertise. It is true we never got swag at our assemblies.
Watching the assembly, for about a split second I wanted to be back in high school. Then I snapped out of it and realized although that was a very fun time in my life I did not want to go back. I am very happy and content with my life now. I have a wonderful husband, two crazy dogs, a house, a career I LOVE, and many other things. I would love to be that care free again and not have so many responsibilities! Not to mention be able to thrive on little to no sleep. But I can honestly say that I love where I am right now. Life is about change and growing and learning and I accept that and want that growth. Besides high school was only so fun because of the friends I had and the adventures I went on. Both of which I still have!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Steph! Hey stranger! I'm glad you have a blog. We can stay in touch now! I sent you an invite to mine..it's private. Let me know if you didn't get it. NataliePittard@gmail.com
I love your comments about High school. I totally agree. It was fun, but I love where I am today!
I feel very cheated. We didnt get swag at our assemblies either. That is just not fair!
I agree I do not want to go back to high school but if I did I would do it all different. I didnt participate in high school much. That I would definitely change. Knowing what I know now I would have gotten involved in many activities and tried to keep my mind busy. On the other hand I would not change the friends I had for the world. Some of them I have lost contact with but some of them will definitely be life long friends and I am so grateful for that!
SWAG = Stuff We All Get. :)
And no, there was no such thing as free stuff at my high school. As I recall, I saved my pennies so I could buy a sweet PVHS hoody. :)
I love checking out your blog, it reminds me of "adult roles" class in highschool where you would come in every morning with your latest tale to tell! We ought to get together sometime- round up some of the girls from highschool and have a girls night out or something.
Post a Comment