In my many years of visiting lakes I have learned some important information. I thought I would share this information with you. (this info also applies to any body of water) It is called Does it Sink or Float. I will name an object and you tell me (in my comments) if you think it sinks or floats. I will let you know if it sinks or floats later. Here we go, I will start with an easy one....
Life jacket floats
Now on to harder ones....
Maui Gems (aka sunglasses) sink, found out the hard way
Beach Towels float for awhile and then sink
Ski gloves sink
Syrup Bottle floats
Flip Flops floats
Shovel real-sinks sand toy- floats
Ski's float
Ski Rope float
Swim Suit floats for awhile and then sinks, if already wet sinks
Hat floats until totally wet and then sinks
Shirt (or any article of clothing) floats until totally wet and then sinks
Umbrella float if turned upside down, otherwise sinks
Water Bottle float
Bar of soap can float and sink depends on what it is made out of
Car keys with floaty depending on how many keys are attached it will float but if overweight it sinks
Car keys without floaty sink and sink fast
Fishing Pole sinks
Potato chip bag floats until filled with water
Money bills-float, change0 sinks
Sand toys can float and sink
Little kid (or people in general) they tend to float but can also sink so PLEASE watch your children around water and make sure they wear a lifejacket
If I think of more I will add them later. Have Fun!!!
3 comments:
It is easier if you highlight, then copy and paste, then do your answers.
Life jacket float
Maui Gems(aka sunglasses)sink but only the expensive ones!
Beach Towels sink
Ski gloves float
Syrup Bottle float
Flip Flops float
Shovel float play? Or sink real shovel
Ski's float
Ski Rope float
Swim Suit sink
Hat float for a minute esp if upside down
Shirt(or any article of clothing) sink
Umbrella sink
Water Bottle float with lid on
Bar of soap float if it is Ivory
Car keys with floaty float
Car keys without floaty sink
Fishing Pole sink
Potato chip bag float if not open
Money float if single bills
Sand toys float
Little kid (or people in general) float
Sink:
Maui Gems (aka sunglasses)
Beach Towels
Syrup Bottle (if it's full of syrup. if empty, I suspect it would float)
Shovel
Ski's
Umbrella
Water Bottle (again, if full, I'm betting sink)
Bar of soap
Car keys without floaty
Fishing Pole
Money
Float:
Ski gloves
Flip Flops
Ski Rope
Swim Suit
Hat
Shirt (or any article of clothing)
Car keys with floaty
Potato chip bag
Sand toys
Little kid (or people in general)- I can't bring myself to put a little kid in the sink category. I know I float, I have built in floaties :)
It's funny but have you watched David Letterman? He has a game he plays called "Does it sink or float". I've learned from that show that most anything in a plastic sealed container will float ie: gallon of milk, etc. Clothes float until they are totally we then they sink. A human being will sink until their lungs are filled with air and then they float...that's when it's too late to care if you float or not, (alittle morbid aren't I?)
Metal items will sink unless they have a plastic attachment. Plastic toys will float until they fill with water (then their boyance' changes. I was glad to know that my swim suit would float for a period of time...I went water skiing with friends when I was about 16. It was my first time and I was Baaaad at it. When I bit it, "it" took my swimming suit right off. Those in the boat could not understand why I would try to get up again. Finally they came within close proximity for my being able to tell them about my loss (their gain). Anyway, it became a memory I'll never forget so it was worth it.
Hey stephanie...you and JP need to call me so we can do something fun before the weather gets bad. I'd love to even go on a little hike or camping with the mutts...or just sit in the back yard and gossip.
Love you lots,
Mommy Di
Post a Comment