Tuesday, August 26, 2008
IKEA- The Black Hole
I have been wanting some type of linen closet for awhile. As most of you know my house does not have a linen closet and so the towels get stored on shelves my closet next to my shoes and the sheets get stored in a tupperware under the bed. (Under the bed storage is actually very convenient because otherwise it is kind of wasted space and it allows more room other places.) I have looked many places and found one thing I liked but it was too small. So today JP and I went to IKEA. I had found something I liked in their book that came out earlier this year and wanted to see what it looked like in real life. I have been out to IKEA twice before and both times I was there longer then I wanted to be. I also got really lost but luckily there are arrows on the floor showing how to get out. The place it really busy, as in a lot of stuff everywhere. I refer to it as the black hole because you get sucked in and three hours later you emerge with lots of stuff you had no intention of buying. I was actually dreading going today but JP said he would have us out in less then an hour. (which surprisingly we were in and out in 45 minutes!) We went in and started walking around. I found a very nice laundry basket and JP very politely hinted that it would be nice if I purchased it because then my dirty clothes would not be strewn all over the floor. I just ignored him but still got the basket. Then we went looking for a linen closet storage thing. We ended up purchasing a chester drawer. I thought it was actually a smart thing because when we move it could be used as drawers for clothes and not towels as there WILL be a linen closet in our next house. JP and I assembled the set and put it up. It actually looks really nice. So I may call IKEA a black hole but it did help me fix my storage issue!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss you stephy!
Yes, that is why they have a cafeteria there to keep you there even longer!
I am glad you finally got the solution for storage.
Joe hates IKEA. I hope you had all of the parts for the dresser.
Post a Comment