Sunday, September 28, 2008
And the new Relief Society Secretary is......
That would be me!? I am still not sure if I am excited or not. I know I got this calling for a reason so I said yes, and when I was set apart I was blessed with, drum roll please.......... organizational skills!!!!! YEAH! My house will not suffer anymore, it will no longer be neglected, or my husband will be the new organizer (or I will finally get off my bum and clean it, that would work!) Honestly I am already feeling overwhelmed and I just got set apart. I am going to need a lot of help! (which may include the occasional, dare I admit it, coca cola) JP once told me that his patriartical blessing says he will not get any major callings. I think it says that because I get all the major callings. Don't get me wrong, there is not small calling, we all feel inadequate at times and think why am I here? But this is my second time in a Relief Society presidency since I got married. Last time I was first counselor, so I will take secretary any day! I told JP today that because I get the major callings and he doesn't then he needs to be very supportive of me and realize I may not always be able to make dinner (like I needed an excuse!?), or go out of town, etc., etc. Of course he just smiled as big as he could and said it's a deal! Like he really had a choice!? When I was meeting with the bishop he did ask JP if he would be supportive and help me when needed and of course JP said yes. Then the Bishop also said that may include massaging my feet after I go out visiting. Hum, I really like that idea, can that be included in any calling I get from now on?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey I got a calling too... Relief Society President of the Student Ward! Haha jk, but I am on the communications committee, whatever that means. As long as there are cute boys I'm in! :)
ummm....does that mean we are going to get 100% on our vting, cause I'm not sure I was meant for such greatness! Good Luck!
That's awesome Stephani! You'll do great and have plenty of support I'm sure. Let me know if there's ever aything I can do to help. :) I have no creative or artistic abilities (except music) but I'm here nonetheless! :)
Post a Comment