No I am not talking about Phantom, although I do like that play and movie, I am talking about me. You see, when I get hungry it gets ugly. I have become very good at warning those around me that I need food. The other day JP and I were out looking for a computer program I wanted. It was already 7:30 when we started looking. We went to Walmart, no luck. They suggested we go to Barnes and Noble, no luck. And a side note here if you take me into Barnes and Noble be prepared to stay for awhile I LOVE to look at the children's books and find cute ones. While at Walmart I mentioned that I was hungry, JP noted this but we trekked on. While at Barnes and Noble I forgot I was hungry and just wandered the children's books for almost 20 minutes. Then we went over to Circuit City, we found what I wanted but it was too much. While at Circuit City I again mentioned I was hungry and if I did not eat soon we would pass the point of no return. When we finally left JP asked me what I wanted, I was too hungry to care because it was now 8:35. I told him to decide and make it quick. He decided he wanted soup so we went to Kneaders. While ordering the guy was getting really annoyed with me because I wanted a bowl of soup and half a sandwich but the half sandwich had to be a make your own and not one on the menu. He did not tell me this and it would have made things A LOT better if he had. So I finally order and we sit down. JP says something and I get mad at him. Our sandwiches come and I inhale mine. I ate every last crumb, which is very unusual for me. JP looked and me and said "You must have been hungry." I told him of course I was and I warned him I was and he knows what can happen when I am hungry. He then told me I looked like I had calmed down and the steam was no longer coming out of my ears. I just looked at him and said "Have fun walking!" I didn't leave him, I was VERY tempted but he would have never forgiven me.
He did learn though. Last night we went to the REAL game with Joseph and Jamie. While driving there I mention I am hungry. My brother called and I asked JP if it was OK if we picked them up. JP looked and me and said "I don't know, my wife is hungry." I ask Joseph if he has any snacks and he said yes hesitantly. I explain I am hungry and if we pick them up then I will need something small to tie me over until we get to the game. You think I have snacks, you should check out Joe and Jamie's. I got some fruit snacks when we picked them up and a crises was averted!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am totally the same way! Jess has learned that everyone is happier when Shauntel is fed. ;)
If you're looking for video software - we bought Photoshop Elements. It's like mini Photoshop. You can alter pictures a bit, but the video software is super easy to use (and the real reason I wanted it). I think we ended up buying it on Amazon because they offered like a $20 rebate, but Costco often has it...
That's how I was when I was pregnant. John knew that when I said I was hungry, to toss me a granola bar and then run for cover until it was safely in my belly.
Post a Comment