Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Diane Bennett
I know this is a very informal way of letting everyone know but JP's mom, Diane, passed away on Saturday. It was not expected and came as a shock. It is painful to see the hurt her children are going through now. It hurts me to see the pain my husband is going through. All I do is hold him and let him cry. I have no idea what to say or do. JP apologizes for crying. I tell him I don't care because crying is a way or mourning and he is in a lot of pain right now. I know she is in a better place and now she feels no pain. But that does not make this any easier. I as SO glad that JP and his siblings are so close. It has been nice to see them get together and work through this together. They give each other so much support and comfort that I as a wife can't. I don't truly understand the pain they are in but they do. They have gotten together a lot the past couple of days and they cry and laugh and just enjoy each others company. If anything this tragedy is making the kids relationship with each other stronger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've been struggling a lot, not knowing what to do, how to help John. I finally realized the best thing I can do is make sure I'm taking care our homelife and kids so that he can be free to spend as much time as he needs with his siblings. I'm not the one who can help him through this, JP, Heidi and Jen are who he needs right now, and my job is to make it as easy as possible for him to be with them as much as he needs to be.
It's so hard, watching someone you love so very much deal with such a tragedy. I've lost my dad, and my heart aches for them knowing the pain they are in now (and the pain to come). I know how it feels to miss someone with every fiber of your being. Thank God they have eachother.
I'm so thankful that JP and John have you two. The Dillier Family has been a large part of my life which began with Diane's care and Jennifer's friendship during my early childhood. Even though I have not gotten to spend much time with either of you, the love and respect I have for you is awesome. You are both strong women and I am so happy that people I care about found awesome partners.
I am also thankful that Jen, Heidi, JP and John have each other.
My mom and I are coming to Salt Lake on Friday. I know you are feeling helpless yourselves, but if there is anything we can do during the short time we are there please let us know.
Lots and lots of love,
Jessie
Steph you are doing exactly what you need to be doing and that is to just be there for him. I love you guys and I am thinking of you all.
Please let JP know we love him and we're praying for him and his family. And we want to give him a big hug. Which we will do as soon as we see him - tomorrow. :)
Love you guys.
This is very sad news, and we are very sorry. Let us know if we can do anything.
Post a Comment