Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Growing up

Over the last year or so I have become better about my insecurities. I have become to realize you can really only control so much and the rest is out of your hands. Of course this does not mean I don't fret about the things I cannot control, as many of you know because I have talked to you about them. This just means that I accept that sometimes things happen for a reason and I may never know that reason (I still try to figure it out sometimes though). I have grown up a lot the past couple of years. I accomplished a huge goal I had when I graduated from hygiene school. Now that school is over and I am working I make other goals. I learned a lot about myself while in school. I did not know I could be pushed so hard and survive. But being pushed so hard made me grow and become stronger so I could take on more. That being said I don't wont to be pushed that hard again! I am more comfortable with who I am and because I am I try harder. Failures happen and trials come but because I am more comfortable with me they do not break me. I know this sound funny but I finally know what I want in life and who I want to be and with that comes power. Power to try and fail, to not be who everyone else wants me to be but who I want to be and be confident in that person. I LOVE my husband for helping me realize this and letting me have the experience of going to school and accomplishing that goal. It was hard for both of us and at times for our relationship but we grew together and stronger. I hope I am as supportive of him as he is of me!

3 comments:

jamie said...

Have you read the last lecture? Or seen it on YouTube? Because it's all about exactly what you just wrote about. If not, run, don't walk, to your nearest library or internet connection and read/watch it. NOW!

Laur said...

That was beautiful Steph...I admit I have not reached a point in my life where I can say that I am fully comfortable with who I am, but I am trying to make steps towards it.
I feel so lucky to be your friend and to be one of the people you confide in when you are hurting or going thru something.
We are forever friends for sure and I adore you.
I am so proud of you
Love Laurie

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's funny because as I was reading your blog I too thought of the man who wrote 'The Last Lecture'. He passed away recently leaving a wife and two small kids. He was a professor and chose to live his life to the fullest. Like Lauri says, 'Living Out loud'. His story is an inspiration and it would behoov you to have some tissue handy.
I am proud of you as well. I am proud of JP too. It's a wonderful thing to have a man around who will let you talk, think, or just be still in your own thoughts...and not think that there is something to fix.
Love you,
Mommie Di